Friday, August 24, 2012

A Short Quiz

Three of my last four entries are to the effect that the Republicans and the Democrats are in collusion to assure that your right to vote is limited to a choice of the “lesser of two evils”. A little hint here, the lesser of two evils always works out to an evil. Only in multiplication is the product of two negatives a positive. Never in politics does that kind of math work. Show these arrogant tyrants a trick. Vote for an Independent.

That is all I want to say about that this time, I am tired of beating this dead horse, anyway if the Democrats and/or the Republicans stay in power I don’t want to hurt in any horse meat lying around. I might just need it. Instead let me ask you if you can see what these words have in common and yes, it is a trick question:

·         Abortion
·         Education
·         Welfare
·         Narcotics
·         Marriage
·         Homosexual
·         Heterosexual
·         Bisexual
·         Sexual
·         Assault Rifle
·         Cocaine
·         Marijuana
·         Privacy
·         Morals
·         Housing
·         House plants (OK I just tossed that one in for fun, kinda like I did sexual)

Do you give up?

Ok, what they all have in common is that none of them are mentioned in the body of or any amendments to the Constitution of the United States.  Now welfare is mentioned in the preamble where it says in part “promote the general welfare” but in context that has nothing to do with welfare programs and the preamble is just that, a general statement of the goals for the document listed below it. That document is the Constitution itself.

So the Constitution doesn’t mention the “buzz words” that define most of the major social issues of our times. Big whoop, what does that mean to us today? Well the Constitution does actually say something about that; it says this:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

What I quote above is the 10th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and the last Amendment in what is termed the Bill of Rights.

You see those Old White Men; slave owners, smugglers, slave traders, back shooters, philanders and largely flawed and sorry men that they were, had a real moment of clarity here. Even though the original intent of the Bill of Rights was to protect their rational self interest and fear of large government at the time it has done a fairly good work a day job of protecting those of us who followed on.

So what it means, in general terms, that none of those words are found in the Constitution is that (How to put this nicely? Oh, never mind.) The Federal Government has no, not a bit, not one scintilla of any authority to act in these matters.

Did I say none?

Yet they still do. Let me ask you this, if you had a contract to buy a car on time and the company you had the contract with kept overstepping their legal authority what would you do? Well I know what my first inclination would be but the car probably would not fit there no matter how hard I tried.

The Federal Government is in severe breach of Contract with each individual one of you. In breach of Contract with me too by the way and I can’t speak for each and every one of you but it tends to make me testy. The fact that both major parties act like this is no big deal makes me just plain mad.

I can’t speak for you but I want to vote for somebody with the ability to read and comprehend at above a fourth grade level and the integrity to keep a simple contract. I think I will vote for somebody in an Independent Party because I am sick and tired of picking a new Massa every for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment