Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello

This is by way of introduction. My first thought was to call this blog the Walpole Report based on the oft misquoted statement by Horace Walpole, "This world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel,".

I enjoy this statement very much as I have a tendency to put my tongue in my cheek early and often something I share with the 4th Earl of Oxford though I have admit he probably has a sharper wit than mine. Then again I often say the same thing about most cats.

So this is my attempt at humor, no I don't mean making up knock-knock jokes. Devising humor is probably well above my pay grade. Luckily for me we have government officials, luminaries, rock stars, and etc who are happy to provide me with tons of material in their everyday lives.

While your everyday politician in ascending order from local to federal make very good copy I believe that bureaucrats on all levels far outstrip their elected masters in providing us with a mental picture that makes Dali paintings look like they were done by Grandma Moses.

So this is my little blog, an attempt to see things in a different way and to make people laugh at our own foibles, pre-conceived notions and default assumptions. I try to view the world this way because, even though I like to read the occasional tragedy I would rather live in a comedy and so I try to think.

I for see that some of this might be considered as irreverent. You would probably be right but I cannot help but believe my God has a sense of humor. Exhibit A of my argument for God's sense of the absurd is that He made the Duck Billed Platypus. If I need an Exhibit B I could suggest Reality TV.

So here is some things to read, just a thought that tumbled around in the spin cycle of my mind and came out looking something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment